Living Waters is a 20 week closed group for men and women seeking healing in their relationships and sexuality. It is an intensive and unique small group. Ultimately, we learn how to press into Jesus more deeply, allowing Him to meet our needs and transform us for His Kingdom purposes. With groups all over the world, and with over forty years of experience, the Living Waters program has been able to provide a space of healing for many men and women.
Through the worship, teaching, prayer and small groups of Living Waters we learn about:
- God’s powerful love for us and how Jesus is central to our hope for wholeness
- The depth of our brokenness and our profound need for Him
- The power of the cross to restore our souls, sexuality and relationships
- The process of walking out our healing
- Our place in the church and loving others honorably
How is Living Waters Presented?
Living Waters is a 20-lesson program taught in a closed-group format. The leaders have been trained and a confidentiality policy is in place to help ensure trust and safety.
Each meeting includes:
Worship – We begin our time by posturing ourselves toward God in worship, and acknowledging that He is the foundation for all that we do.
Scripture – Living Waters’ teachings combine the truth of Scripture and psychological insights that help us to know God and ourselves better.
The Works of Jesus – Through healing prayer in large and small group settings, we invite the Holy Spirit to heal our various wounds. We bring our sins, and those committed against us, to Jesus who is faithful to set us free.
Both Genders Represented – We value men and women working out their healing together. Great healing comes as men and women minister and receive alongside one another in worship, teaching and prayer in the large group (though the small groups are same-sex). This reflects God’s intention and character. Foundational to Living Waters is the reality that God created us in His image as male and female.
What will I learn?
Living Waters uses a detailed guidebook that includes teachings, questions and additional readings that help us move from brokenness to maturity. Some topics addressed include:
- Acknowledging our need for God
- Receiving God’s love
- Discovering who we are designed to be as relational and sexual beings made in God’s image
- The power of the cross and confession
- Renouncing our idols
- Reconciliation between men and woman
- How to deal with the pain in your life
- The power of forgiving others and ourselves
- Learning how to set healthy boundaries
- Healing of father, mother and foundational wounds
- Healing from abuse
- The roots of gender brokenness
- Understanding and overcoming addiction
- Embracing the church as our healing community
- Building healthy relationships over the course of a lifetime
Bridgetown Church is excited to offer Living Waters starting this Fall. Applications are now open.
Dates: Mondays, Oct 17, 2022 – Mar 20, 2023
Time: 7 – 9:15 PM
Location: Bridgetown Church (2120 NE Tillamook St, Portland, OR)
Cost: $125 (materials and program expenses)
Scholarship options available as needed