At some point in your gathering spend a moment taking communion together, whether as a full meal together or some version of the bread and the cup. If you don’t have a plan already, you can have someone read the following passage we’ve provided below and spend a moment in silence before continuing:
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
Yours is the Kingdom and the power
and the glory forever. Amen
This Guide will function differently than the others in this series because we believe that God did something significant and beautiful and the Holy Spirit Conference. So we want to spend our time together tonight reflecting on the Holy Spirit Conference.
While the questions are specifically aimed at those who went to the Holy Spirit Conference or one of Sunday gatherings that followed, we acknowledge that the Spirit is not contained by any single gathering, so others are welcome to share their experience of what God’s been doing in their lives during this time. Either way, testimony is a way of asking God to do it again. So spend some time reflecting on the ways God moved in you, our church, and our city this last weekend.
- Where did you see God move? What are you celebrating?
- What did God do in you? What changed in you?
- What were you asking God for? Did you sense him answer you in any way?
- What hopes were ignited in your for Bridgetown, your family, our city, yourself, or some other are?
- What did God do through you? Did you get to participate in anything the Spirit was up to this weekend in someone else’s life?
- With all of this in mind, how would you try to name what God did in our church this weekend?
- What’s next? Do you sense the Spirit giving you a prophetic imagination for what he might be up to in the coming season?
Close in Prayer
Before you end your time together, pray, asking the Spirit of God to fill and empower you to pray as you can. Take some time to pray for other prayer requests as they come up.